Introducing the Proximity Prime Distance Sensor Module! This module allows you to easily add range-sensing functionality to any electronic project. Applications include but are not limited to:
- Assembly Line Automation
- Home Security
- Home Automation
- Model Railroading
- Radio Control Cars
This module is the easiest way to incorporate range-sensing functionality to a project. This module can communicate with microcontrollers and computers via UART serial, sending a constant stream of data representing the current range from the sensor. Or, for simpler applications, use the on-board trimmer knob to set a threshold distance. In this simpler mode of operation, the output pins send simple logic-level signals when an object passes the threshold of the sensor’s field of view.
- Small footprint (0.5″ x 1.25″) makes module easy to install anywhere
- Standard 0.1″ header allows for easy connection to larger projects
- Mounts to any project using 4-40 screws, or similar
- Operates on 3.3V or 5V logic levels
- Set trimmer knob to far right to enable UART communication mode on output pins
- In Simple Operation Mode, use trimmer knob and on-board indicator to set threshold distance
- In Simple Operation Mode, output OUT1 indicates when threshold is reached, and OUT2 indicates when an object is within 10% of the threshold value
This module was designed and assembled by D5 DEM. D5 is a small, family-operated engineering and design company located in northern New Jersey. Our goal is to provide high-quality, American-made products at reasonably low prices. We never compromise on quality for any reason.
This module is now available for pre-order! We expect the first units will ship by mid-August. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about placing a pre-order.